McCain Yorkshire Coast
10km Road Race & Family Fun Run
Sunday 21st October 2018
CHIPS - 10K.
• We are using disposal timing once again chips this year.
This will take the form of a loop that you attach to your trainer laces.
These will be included in your race pack that will be posted out approximately 10 days before the race.
Please ensure that you bring your race number and timing chips with you.
Remember – NO CHIP no time as all timing is done via the electronic systems!!
If you have difficulties with your chip or race number please visit the Information desk.
If you forget your number or chip please visit the information desk and we may be able to offer a replacement depending on availability.
There will be a small charge for replacement numbers and chips (£3.00)
The separate collection desks (located after the water and banana collection) will be clearly marked by size
XS & Small
XL & XXL
After you finish the race please go to the t-shirt collection desk that corresponds to your size. This will hopefully avoid congestion by reducing queue sizes.
HQ – Scarborough Spa Complex.
• All facilities will be located in the Spa Complex. Signage will be present to direct you to Race Registration, First Aid, Toilets, Information, Baggage deposit etc.
• Runners baggage can be left at the Spa – For security your race number will be needed to drop off and collect any left bags. Baggage labels will be available for bag identification. We will do our utmost to ensure baggage is secure but Scarborough AC accepts no responsibility for loss of valuables or bags left at the Spa.
• Toilet facilities are available in the Spa and will be clearly signposted. Please come ready to race – there will be no shower or changing facilities available. Refreshments will be available from the Spa café throughout the day.
There will be no entries on the day for the 10km race.
Registration for the Fun Run will be available on the day in the SPA providing that the limit of 600 entries has not been met.
• Scarborough has an efficient Park & Ride system. Two large car parks are situated on the outskirts of Scarborough. Runners may make use of this service if desired. Payment is required. Details can be found at:- http://www.scarboroughparkandride.co.uk/
• ‘Pay & Display’ areas and car parks are also available in Scarborough.
• Most of the streets and areas above the Spa (Esplanade) and Valley Road are disc zone – free on a Sunday until 12pm then limited to an additional 3 hours free parking with a disc.
• Please note that the Seafront roads will be completely closed to traffic from 07:30 with parking restrictions in place. No movement of vehicles will be permitted until the roads re-open at 12:30. Please allow adequate time to walk to the Spa after finding a parking space. The races will start promptly.
The courses will be well marshalled and marked every kilometre. There will be a water stop at the 4km point and water will be available at the end of the race.
At the finish you will be able to proceed directly to the water and merchandise collection points.
If you feel
ill and have to retire from the race for any reason
please contact a Marshal. They will deal with your needs and report to race
First Aid will be supplied by The British Red Cross. Transport back to Race HQ will be provided if necessary.
LIMITS (10Km race).
We have, by necessity, imposed a cut off time of 85 minutes for the race. This does not mean that you will be retired from the race if you take longer, but you may be asked to walk on the pavement (if you are still on Marine Drive as the road has to re-open at 11:30), or walk at the edge of the road to let the Fun Run commence if you are on the Foreshore. As long as you finish and cross the line you will receive a time and T-shirt. A sweep vehicle will provide transport should runners wish to retire.
Please adhere to all UKA regulations for the race. Obey all instructions from the Race Officials and Marshals. Please do not drop any litter and please use the toilets provided. Respect other pedestrians where you share the pavements with them.
• A leg massage service will be available provided by Jenna Wheatman of ‘Pro-Am Sports Injury Clinic’.
It is provided free of charge but donations are welcome and they will go to the Scarborough AC track fund.
0800 - Race HQ Opens for information.
0830-1230 Baggage storage open.
0900-11:15 Fun Run Registration.
0930- Entertainment provide by Yorkshire Coast Radio.
0945 Warm-up provided by Barons Fitness Centre
0950 Introductions & runners line up for the START.
1000 The ‘McCain Yorkshire Coast 10k road race’ commences.
1031 First 10k runners expected home.
1115 10K Prize giving. 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female only. All other prizes will be posted on.
1125 10k road race finish.
1125 1 mile Fun Run runners line up for START.
1130 The ‘McCain Yorkshire Coast Family 1 mile Fun Run’ commences.
1136 First Fun Run competitors expected home.
1150 The ‘McCain Yorkshire Coast Family 2.5Km Fun Run’ commences.
1200 First Fun Run competitors expected home.
1230 2.5 Km Fun Run race finishes.
1245 Baggage storage closes – please ensure all bags are collected promptly.
1300 All Seafront Roads open.
We look forward to welcoming you on the day, Melanie Padgham, Race Director